Monday, December 10, 2012

oh christmas treeeee oh christmas treeeee

Ahhhh!  Finals are over!  Such a crazy time that flew by so fast!  Time really does fly when you're having fun.  I'm starting to realize how much time I waste doing meaningless tasks and how capable I am to squeeze every last objective I want to accomplish in my day.  My first semester at Rice is over, and it's definitely been a blessing to get my edumacation there.  I had an AWESOME ASS team.  Everyone played nice and I think we complimented each other well.  We just clicked.  Like PB&J.  Or summer and snow cones.  Or carrots and hummus (which I've been devouring every...single...day this past week.)  Or me and snowboarding.  Kind of hitting it early this year, but what better way to start off the season by celebrating the new life my brah Alvin is going to embark next year with his new bride.  Mt. Hood is the destination and the weather man/woman/donkey (imo, a donkey could give predictions as well as some of those human beasts) says it's suppose to snow while we're there, which would be SICK.  But I'm not betting on it.  I'd rather believe that it's not going to happen so when it doesn't, I can curse those weather donkeys and if it does, then I'll be one stoked person on the mountain.  I love this time of year.  Everyone gets super excited about planning trips, dreaming of powder, and finding excuses to get out of work to go snowboarding.  And most of all, trying to convince others to go.  It's amazing how well things have worked out so far.    


Courtesy of DTang

Hopefully we can get another outting like we did last year with everyone able to go cause it was a freaking blast.  



I also love this time of year because of Christmas!  Got a tree last week and it smells great.  The smell of Christmas trees is something you can't beat.  It's a little nekked but that'll soon change once we start producing ornaments.



I tried to use some scraps from the tree and ornaments/lights my parents gave me to decorate the mantel.  Finally hung up that darn tv too.  The house is starting to feel like a home.  Slowly but surely.  I've also worked on the guest bathroom but it's not complete yet.  I'll save that for another post.  I'm taking full advantage of this free time to get things done and enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment